Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nike Air Trainer 1

I was in the mall, as I sometimes am during my afternoon and I always go into shoe stores and look at the various styles of tennis shoes, or sneakers as they call 'em out here. To my surprise, I spotted the old Nike Air Trainer 1. Not the first shoe I fell in love with, but one of the first, I waited literally 7 months, calling shoe stores in the greater Pittsburgh area to see if they had a kid's size (this was in the late 1980s). Then one dreary afternoon, in a Pittsburgh mall, I spotted them in kid's sizes at a foot locker, just when I was about to give up.

They were the coolest looking shoe at the time. So cool my one buddy went out and bought a pair for himself immediately, of course his were red, not as cool as the green I chose. I used these shoes for everything, and I felt more complete with them on. At the time, it was a pretty new style and approach to shoes. I think John McEnroe wore them as well.

Through the years, I've changed brands here and there, and sometime in mid to late 90s I told myself I'd never wear Nikes again, but these throwbacks have me thinking twice, however the price is outrageous, as is expected.

http://www.champssports.com/product/model:185323/sku:17553100&SID=7391&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Engine-_-Google-_-Plusbox

Are these ugly or cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment