Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another Average Day

Woke up about 5:30AM with the fan running. I'm still congested from allergies I think. the night before I had a couple beers and another thing to help me relax and that always makes me more tired the next day. I don't sleep well to begin with. I've been told I have horrible sleep apnea. So stop calling me lazy!

Drove to work drowsy again, but had enough time to grab one of those cold Starbucks drinks. Yeah, I know Starbucks is evil but I like the product they produce, plus it gives me a mini bump in the morning. I downed that on the way to work. I had enough time to grab another coffee at the Subway, within the cafeteria of the institute. The coffee here is okay. I drop a couple hazelnut cream things in it, and put in a couple ice cubes so its the perfect temperature. It's a routine.

On the first hour's break, I made a deposit in the restroom, this always helps the day along and gives me another little bump. I'm going to be re-designing the menus for the local fire company here in town, so I started thinking of some concepts/approaches. It's not a high paying or glamorous job, but I have a lot of freedom to do what I want and it keeps my mind busy. If it turns out great, it'll be a portfolio piece.

As noontime came closer I started thinking of what I'm going to do on the weekends. Staying in my apartment, loading up on green tea, big pharma, netflix, and this menu project, listening to Murray Rothbard or Milton Friedman lectures on Youtube, while walking around in my undies could be quite bless-ed and inspirational. A guy has to relax, right. I've grown used to relaxing alone and entertaining myself. As depressing as it sounds, it's really not that bad. In light of recent drama it appears to be a great option. The downside is you feel empty when Sunday night and afternoon come along.

Maybe I'll see if the GREAT rhythm section of TQI wants to practice as our ALL-STAR lead guitarist is out west for awhile. I actually enjoy the stripped down band practices. Not sure if the other guys do. We're in the midst of putting together some new steamy pop hits and it looks like more gigs are on the way. I know I always say this, but, if it weren't for band practices and gigs I'd be a very sad person.

It's early evening now, I'm on a work break, got about 2.5 hours left tonight, then probably off to the fire company. This is what I do, this is the cycle. I'm a social creature. I like small talk, I like bullshit, I like poop and sodomy jokes and I'm sorry if that's disappointing. Those things never get old, though I'm getting old and I've always been predictable if you've known me for more than a month. I'm sorry about that too. No, I can't reinvent myself like Bowie. The closest I ever came to that was getting a perm last year. I'm getting off track.

Tomorrow I'm out at noon and the glorious weekend starts. We'll see what happens.

<<<This blog and the last blog have turned into sort of diary posts....sorry if this bores you...I'm finding them easy to write because I like talking about myself.>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment