Friday, May 16, 2014

Rain

It's coming down today. It's coming down in spades. I love the gray of it all. Why does this bring everyone down?

Nature is telling us to pull everyone together inside.

I like the smell of rain. I can't describe it, though it stirs cozy feelings from within.

Rain makes nice noises on rooftops and tents. It has put me to bed many times.

Before a little league game I had anxiety over, the sight of overcast skies meant a possible rain delay or even a cancellation. This put me at ease.

When a storm would happen, my mother compared the rain hitting the pavement in quick random patterns to dancing spiders. That made me laugh and imagine dancing spiders. I would look out the window. I was getting free entertainment.

Before you curse the rain, think these things through.

No comments:

Post a Comment