Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Abusive Relationships

I've heard and seen too many abusive relationships to make me want to give a f###.

If you're like me, you're honest and open, and you'll feel genuine compassion towards someone, especially friends, who discuss their abusive relationships with you. Sadly, most of the people/friends that I've had conversations with have been women. You want to listen and be helpful and you never want to see anyone involved in that kind of thing, whether its physical or verbal. Mostly all, or all of the situations I've heard of have all been verbal or emotional.

So, you sit there, with your Boddingtons, or, sometimes a big jug of Green Jasmine Tea, if not an Asian Aloe beverage, and you hear all of this complaining. Most of the time you nod your head and say "yeah, uh, yeah" in the most sensitive way you know. Most of the time there is a distressed look on there face and sometimes you want to give them a hug. Well, I don't usually, I usually take a sterile neutered Germanic approach/vibe. You don't want to take advantage of the situation or otherwise you've opened up your own can of worms, which might turn out to be snakes. (Next thing you know, you're trying to find cat tranquilizers for "said" friend)

I've witnessed, what I've thought, to be some strong feminists become enslaved to some pretty ugly manipulative people. People that you wanted to admire for their strength and individualism (like me for instance) being turned into submissive, dare I say owned, weaklings is a sad thing to view, even from a distance.

Others vow they are done with the bullshit only run back like dependant puppy dogs. It might be one thing to become addicted a substances of sorts, something that is neutral, not alive, and won't judge, but to become so pathetic as to go back to someone who continuously insults and manipulates is really pretty insane. It's so common.

Let it be known, I'm not ranting because I'm a lonely "middle-aged" man with thinning hair. The above situations have served to make me quite a content single simpleton in my humble Main St. three room apartment. It also makes me quite happy for good friends who have successful relationships and marriages. You may not believe this, but I do root for people and individuals. You may not believe this, but I don't like being against anyone, unless they've given me good reasons.

For those though, whose stories are quite miserable and repetitive, it makes me not want to give a f###.

No comments:

Post a Comment