Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Main St.

I moved back to Main St. in this small college town I've been living in for almost half of my life. When I graduated from university, I had a place on Main St. by myself. I did that for a few years then moved in with friends. I've lived with people (including my younger bro) for the last eight years. A lot memories were had at these places but it came time to go solo again.

My decision to move was impulsive. It was made rather quickly and based on feelings (not always wise). I was in a pretty weird mindset (which I won't get into, but it was strong) and I started looking at things, and my life. That's pretty scary sometimes, you should try it. Something needed to be done. There was a nice place available, so I jumped on it. If you've read my posts maybe you've observed that I'm selfish and self-absorbed. I think that also played a part in my choice. I think what I'm trying to do is take more control of things. Sadly, we're all getting older, things change (I've also grown a nice beard - and opted for straighter locks), and we will eventually get old and die. Changes in scenery are, most of the time, beneficial.

I will miss sharing a house with the guys. They probably won't miss the messes I've created in the kitchen, etc. There is something, almost family like, about living with folks (at least for me). I don't think I'll be able to accumulate the stories and the hi jinx we all racked through the last eight years. The parties, gatherings, breakfasts, beers, constant redundant poop and sodomy jokes, cook outs, the burps and giggles from down the hall have all ended for me.

In exchange I'll be getting the late night sounds of drunken college kids (hopefully some tramps will be in the mix), the ability to walk around my place naked (which is all I ever wanted), and the traffic below. There is something kind of nice about laying in a big warm bed and hearing traffic outside. It could be nice.

The responsibilities of taking care of ALL of my own bills and rent are no upon me. Back to reality.

I'd like to thank those who have shared a space with me over those years and put up with my antics, quirks, redundancy, laziness, and messiness. There could've been a lot more complaining about some of the slop I left in the kitchen but for the most part you kept your cool (save Tweet - RIP). A special thanks also goes to those who helped me move, in literally less than 2 hours. That was amazing. Things may go up or down from here. I have no idea which way they will go. Life is hard (and unpredictable).

Bless n keep,
dB.

2 comments:

  1. Just need to walk around naked. Free at last, thank the stars, free at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please put up curtains first though...

    ReplyDelete