Thursday, July 14, 2011

I bought an HDTV

Almost 10 years ago exactly, I bought a little 13 inch television set at Walmart after I had graduated from Kutztown University. I watched it up until about 2005.

Well I plugged that old box in, after a good friend almost electrocuted himself drilling a hole through my closet. 233 hasn't burnt down yet.

While watching this old TV set I got the motivation to look for HDTV. My close friend got one a few years ago and I enjoyed giving her a tough time about it. Now I'm getting one. This happens a lot in the life of DaintyBones.

Anyway, here are my brief thoughts on television:

Television was probably always stupid but it took me quite a while to realize that. I hear people discussing current television programs and I'm completely clueless. Occasionally at a bar, they'll show American Idol and/or other lame competition shows and it boggles my mind how people can be so captivated by it. My mother will sometimes bring those shows during a telephone chat and I have a tough giving feedback to something I'm not into.

TV news is stupid. I'm not going into anymore on that.

I will watch a little sports every now and then especially during football and hockey season. Forgive me if that's nawt cool.

The things I will watch are the Food Network, random classic movies, and anything with Alan Alda, AWA Wrestling, Palladia (sometimes), and travel shows. I've found that I only watch TV right before bed, preferably when I'm relaxed. I'm happy my first impulse is no longer to put it on.

Watching TV has cut into my radio listening though. I haven't listened to as much Alex Jones or Coast to Coast. Listening to AJ often brings me down. Though I believe most of what he rambles about is accurate.

So now I've been debating on getting a MacTV thingy to hookup to my TV. It seems like I'd have Youtube with that thing. I don't own NetFlix (again, forgive me if that's nawt cool).

I'm not sure what the point of this blog was (I started this thing a few days ago and forgot to finish it). I guess I'm just documenting my switch, however small it is, back to television. I'm hoping it stays small. I have no doubt it will.

Have a good July,
Yours truly,
dB.

No comments:

Post a Comment