Monday, October 25, 2010

On the Teaparty-ers.

I'm not affiliated with them. I share some of their views. I fear that they started out with good intentions and have been taken over by the powers that be. This is somewhat of a repeat of 1994, with a more grassroots look. Whether it's truly grassroots I don't know.

I have a tough time taking small government people seriously if they still support our current foreign and militaristic approach. I have a tough time taking small government people seriously if they still support the war on drugs.

I think most critics of the TP'ers are pretty pathetic as well. Please don't misunderstand. There are idiots in the TP movement. But, it seems like much of the left's criticism is to call them racists. I think their energy would be used more efficiently if they looked at the horrible job their own president is doing.

This being said, I wouldn't be surprised if (they get elected)TP'ers go along with big government spending if a mainstream Republican gets elected. This is what happened under Bush who ran on a small government platform.

The system seems to be very cyclical at this point. At least since I started following it in the 1990's. It's pretty predictable. It's hard to take anything seriously. Glenn Beck was once calling Ron Paul dangerous to America, now he welcomes him on his show. Glenn Beck is a supporter of the military industrial complex too. This is absurd.

Don't hold your breath on the TP'ers and I didn't on Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment