Monday, March 4, 2013

Korean Garden and Restaurant - Blue Bell, PA.

One thing that I've picked up on in the last ten years or so, is that, if an Asian puts food out in front of you, and you don't know what it is, you don't ask questions. You just eat. This goes regardless of whether it's a restaurant or a home. It always works out. You always leave happy if not amazed. Put the dietary restrictions aside, STFU, and eat!

Me and my friend headed down to the Korean Garden and Restaurant in Blue Bell last Saturday. For me it was my second time. It was worth the drive.

Immediately we were bombarded with about seven or eight little bowls of appetizers which included green beans, kim chee, mushrooms, tofu, among other things, also included was a chili paste. They went fast. Everything was great. Light with a variety of flavors, small amounts, but just right.

We split scallion and red pepper (potato) pancake. It was about the size of a small pizza (and cut up like one), but a lot thinner and fluffier. It came with a soy and sesame sauce (I believe). I'd say it was the best pancake I've ever had.

Now, last time I was there, I ordered the raw beef and vegetables with a raw egg cracked over it (not called that officially). That was pretty good, but this time I went with the spicy Black Goat Stew. It was like a combination between a soup and a stew. It came out presented in a boiling pot - still bubbling.

Maybe the first time that I had goat (not sure), it was nice. It's hard for me to describe how it tasted, other than a meaty hearty broth, that was seasoned and spicy. Something you'd crave on a cold day. Many of the spices I don't think I've had before. I believe there were some kind of greens mixed in too. It was a large portion and probably didn't finish half of it at the table. It was great the day after.

***I would've taken a picture of it, but I feel like a weird food worshipping freak shooting a picture of my food in a crowded restaurant. Order it yourself and see what it looks like!***

So, you will have to shell out some cash for the food obviously, but considering the quality and quantity of the food, it's well worth it. We both left the place absolutely stuffed. Service was also excellent, along with the ambiance and vibe, even though it's located in an upscale "east coast" strip mall.

If you're in southeastern PA, I would recommend going.



No comments:

Post a Comment