Monday, March 26, 2012

Hookah Bar Culture.

I live in a college town on the eastern half of PA. It's a state school and it's a small town. Lots of good things go on in this area, and some of it is related to the university. Would I have just stuck around if this were Hamburg, PA? Probably not.

One frightening trend I've noticed around here is the rise of the Hookah Bar. We walked by one once, after bar hours, it was still open. The room was loungey with an obnoxious flat screen TV in the middle, on the wall. Me and my friends peaked through the window watch people (probably all college students) partake of the hookah. It was as if we were in a zoo looking and the students were animals. The whole scene was ridiculous. We laughed, thinking, what is the appeal of this?

The crowd seemed like typical all american kids, probably ignorant of most things, watching sports (I like watching sports). The women were most like the typical college sluts eager to get with the jock or the prep. Looking on gave me the feeling that if I were to enter this place, my IQ would drop about 40 points just being there.

Maybe I'm sounding like a grumpy old man but it just seems like there are more creative endeavors to take part in at that age than this kind of nonsense. I don't know, I guess the expressions I saw were so mindless for such a stupid activity. There are more enjoyable things out there than flavoured tobacco, right?

Avoid the Hookah Bar, DaintyBones says so!

No comments:

Post a Comment